Komorebi

(n.) Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees

7/27/2014

Violet Violence

Surrounded. 





On me: jacket, romper & heels Forever21
Makeup & Photography: Elizabeth Dobrzanski

 

If you're in Vancouver and my posts appear at an unusual time, it's because i'm visiting Europe again for summer!
For those on Instagram, you can follow my travels by looking at the hashtag #komorebixeurope
(view online here)

Here it is finally, part one of my shoot with Elizabeth!
It's always a pleasure to work with this talented one because not only is she stellar at photography, but she also knows how to do makeup!
Ombre lip anyone?
It was a lot of fun planning this shoot along side her because I could be as daring as I wanted to be. Coming up with ideas and outfits that paired together was easy due to our similar minds in terms of concept, style and imagination.
The selected outfits for this collaboration stemmed from a recent order of clothes that were more unique than usual.
(view them 
on my Instagram here and here)
And to highlight their 
colourful designs I wanted to capture them in a different setting compared to my usual shoots.
Hence the location of VanDusen Botanical Garden was used.
The garden itself holds many species of plants that complimented the clothing, but still added a dramatic flair to the photos.
Even though we spent several hours wandering the garden, I didn't manage to visit half of the garden. So I'll be sure to visit the gardens again. If any of you in Vancouver have the time to check out this magical place, do go! My favourite locations so far were the Chinese pagoda, waterfall & miniature succulent garden Elizabeth and I tumblr fan-girled over.
(view succulents here)

Till next time lovelies



Komorebi(n.): Sunlight that filters through the leaves of the trees
Xo Charmyn
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig